Perasan® MP-2 is a microbiocide specially formulated for use in ice and water that contacts meat, poultry, seafood, and processed fruits and vegetables. This 15% peracetic acid solution is ideal for food production, as it does not discolor poultry or delicate vegetables.
- Complies with FDA and FSIS regulations
- Food-grade peracetic acid is safe to use directly on produce, meat, and seafood
- Won’t discolor poultry wing tips
Perasan® MP-2 contains 15% peracetic acid, 6% hydrogen peroxide, and acetic acid. Due to its low level of hydrogen peroxide, its formulation does not cause discoloration problems in poultry, as seen with other formulations. And it’s not known to cause browning on delicate lettuce and other fragile produce products.
Perasan® MP-2 is approved as an antimicrobial for water and ice used to cool ready-to-eat meat and poultry products.
Perasan® MP-2 Perasan MP-2 exhibits high-level efficacy against Listeria spp., E. coli, Campylobacter jejuni, and Salmonella spp., as well as many other pathogenic and spoilage-associated microorganisms.
- Strong oxidizing agent
- Compliant with 21 CFR 173.370 and 21 CFR 173.315 EPA labeling
- Reduces contamination and cross-contamination of edible food products
- May be used in a water bath to thaw frozen meat or poultry products prior to further processing
- Poultry Applications. Used as an additive in general process water or in ice antimicrobial agent on poultry carcasses, parts, and organs
- Seafood Applications. Used in water or ice to commercially prepare, process or store fish or seafood intended for human consumption
- Ready-To-Eat Treatments. Used as antimicrobial water or brine treatment in the preparation and cooling of cooked and formed (Ready-To-Eat) meat and poultry products
- Fruit & Vegetable Washing. Used in water or ice that contacts non-raw agricultural commodities (fresh-cut and/or further processed fruits and vegetables)